EKC 2020 is CANCELLED due to COVID-19.
The coronavirus has created worldwide a serious situation making our efforts for organising a large-scale international conference like EKC very difficult. Due to ongoing severe restrictions and the unpredictable future by the COVID-19, the conference has to be cancelled.
EKC 2020 was scheduled to take place in Munich from 22nd to 25th July 2020. It was initially postponed in March amid the global spread of the coronavirus. We have been carefully monitored the development and came to a conclusion to cancel the event completely. The decision is taken seriously particularly for the safety of our colleagues and for preventing the spread of the virus.
I apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your kind understanding. I would like to thank all committee members for their sincere effort and support.
Wonsun Park (Conference chair) on behalf of the organising committee
Europe-Korea Conference on Science and Technology (EKC) is the premier conference for Korean and European scientists and engineers to present their recent achievements. Special emphasis is given to develop friendship and to exchange useful knowledge and bright ideas for the promotion of science and technology in the service of society. It covers a full range of science and technology, e.g., Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Materials, Biology, and Life Science, Earth and Environment, Energy, Information and Communications Technology, Architecture, and Science policies.
EKC 2020, the 13th EKC, will be held in Munich in Germany from 22nd to 25th July 2020. It will be hosted by the Korean Scientists and Engineers Association in Germany (VeKNI) together with the Korean Federation of Science and Technology Societies (KOFST) and the other eight Korean Scientists and Engineers Associations in Europe that are in the UK (KOSEAUK), France (ASCoF), Austria (KOSEAA), Finland (KOSES), Scandinavia (KSSEA), the Netherland (KOSEANL), Switzerland (KSEAS) and Belgium (KOSEAbe).
- 1 Feb. 2020: Abstract submission & Registration open
- 30 Apr. 2020: Deadline for Abstract submission
- 20 May 2020: Deadline for Early-bird registration
- 20 Jun. 2020: Registration close
- 21 Jul. 2020: Site visit
- 22-25 Jul. 2020: EKC 2020 main event
- 21st July: Site visit
- 22nd July: Complementary Programme (Industry forum, Europe-Korea institute matching, Next generation forum, Special programme)
- 23rd July: Opening ceremony (Plenary), Science and Technology sessions
- 24th July: Science and Technology sessions, Closing ceremony (Plenary)
- 25th July: Complementary Programmes (Special programme)
- Academic programme inquiry: email@example.com
- General information including sponsorship: firstname.lastname@example.org
Past 4 years of EKCs:
- EKC 2019 - 12th Vienna Austria
- EKC 2018 - 11th Glasgow UK
- EKC 2017 - 10th Stockholm Sweden
- EKC 2016 - 9th Berlin Germany